For Immediate Release
Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc.
(888) 348-2877 phone
(866) 684-5157 fax
SUNBURST SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS, INC. RELEASES FEDERAL WH-347 COMPLIANCE UPDATE FOR “CERTIFIED PAYROLL SOLUTION” AND CONTRACTORS USING QUICKBOOKS.
“Certified Payroll Solution” Integrates with QuickBooks to Help Contractors Working on Government Funded Construction Projects Comply With Certified Payroll Reporting Requirements, Saving Them Time And Money.
West Charleston, VT – January 16, 2009
Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc., an Intuit Gold Developer, is pleased to announce the release of a compliance update, on January 14, 2009, for their flagship QuickBooks integrated application “Certified Payroll Solution.” This compliance update meets new Federal WH-347 certified payroll reporting requirements which become effective January 18, 2009, as mandated by the U.S. Department of Labor on December 18, 2008.
“Certified Payroll Solution” utilizes QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions timesheet, employee, job, and payroll data to automate the creation of Federal and/or State mandated certified payroll reports, statements of compliance, “No Work” performed payrolls, EEOC Reports and Union/Bona-fide Plan Fringe Benefit Reports. This exchange of critical data helps contractors working on prevailing wage construction projects to manage their compliance reporting more efficiently – saving them valuable time, money and resources.
“Manually creating certified payroll reports is simply a horrendous, time-consuming, error-prone process and if your reports aren’t accurate, you simply don’t get paid in a timely fashion. Before developing ‘Certified Payroll Solution,’ I created my certified payroll reports for years using an Excel spreadsheet and several reports from QuickBooks, and no matter how careful I was, there was always a mistake somewhere,” says Nancy Smyth, Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc. President, also a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor. “I knew there had to be a better way and that way involved using data that I had already entered in QuickBooks.” She continues, “Essentially, without having to re-enter data manually into another program, errors were eliminated. Although this left the middleman – me – out of the picture, the savings to the small and mid-size business owner was tremendous!”
There are more than 12 million small businesses currently using computers in the United States (TowerGroup, 2001). Developing a QuickBooks integrated certified payroll program, and later an AIA type billing program, made sense to the husband and wife team, Ben & Nancy Smyth, principals of Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc. Nearly three million small businesses (and almost 200,000 are contractors) use QuickBooks and 80 percent of those users want QuickBooks to integrate with other software and devises (QuickBooks 2000 User Study).
The “Certified Payroll Solution” updates provides compatibility with new WH-347 reporting requirements, which no longer require the reporting of full employee social security numbers and home address; but rather just a unique employee identification number, usually the last 4 digits of the employee social security number. Additionally, Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc. has built in the ability for current users to easily change these reporting requirements on State specific reports and/or electronically filed reports as new requirements are announced.
About Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc.
Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc. has been providing contractors using QuickBooks Financial Software with a fully automated, integrated means to generate certified payroll reports and AIA type billings since October 2000. For more information, visit http://www.sunburstsoftwaresolutions.com
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit, the Intuit logo, Quicken, QuickBooks, QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, Turbo Tax, ProSeries, and Lacert, among others, are registered trademarks and/or registered service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other parties’ trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective owners and should be treated as such.
# # #
Important Note: As of January 16, 2009 there was no new or revised WH-347 form available from the U.S. Department of Labor, we will continue to monitor the site for the availability of a new form, if applicable.
One Response to Press Release
Leave a Reply
- The Great Debate – QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks Online
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- How To Turn On and Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- Welcome to the QuickBooks for contractors blog
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%
- QuickBooks 2013 Upgrade Do's, Don'ts & Frequent Questions
- QuickBooks 2015 Announced - Important System Requirements
- QuickBooks 2012 - Frequently Asked Questions About Upgrading
- QuickBooks 2015- The Good, Bad and Ugly, Part 1