QuickBooks Tip-Turning Off Pop-up Ads, Live Community & more
Every year when Intuit puts out a new version of QuickBooks, we are overwhelmed by new ads for Intuit services that seem to pop-up at the most inappropriate times. Many QuickBooks users (myself included) find this to be very annoying.
Over the last several weeks, since people have been upgrading to QuickBooks 2011, I’ve seen a lot of posts on forums and user groups from people asking “How Do I turn off QuickBooks pop-up ads, Live Community, etc.” This article will answer that question.
You can turn off the pop-up advertisements (messages) for Intuit services by going to the Edit menu -> Preferences -> click on General Preferences -> and in the My Preferences tab check the option to “Turn off pop-up messages for products and services” and then save your selection by clicking the OK button. You will need to do this on each computer that QuickBooks is installed on.
To turn off the Live Community window, you’ll need to go to the Edit menu -> Preferences -> click on Desktop View -> and on the My Preferences tab UNcheck the option to “Show Live Community”. Again, this is something that must be done on each computer that QuickBooks is installed on.
Another thing that I’ve seen a lot of people complaining about is payment links appearing on their printed and emailed invoices. This is an advertisement for Intuit’s PaymentNetwork. These links can be removed ONLY by the QuickBooks Administrator in single user mode; by going to the Edit menu -> Preferences -> Payment Preference -> Company Preferences tab -> and making sure that BOTH the “Show payment link on emailed invoices” and “Show payment link on printed invoices” options are UNchecked.
Another annoyance, is the Payment Toolbar that is displayed on the Receive Payments window and on Sales Receipts; this toolbar takes up a fair amount of space on many smaller monitors. You can turn the Payment Toolbar off directly on the Receive Payment window or on the Sales Receipts, but you can also turn it off by going to the Edit menu -> Preferences -> click on the My Preferences tab -> UNcheck the Show Payment Toolbar on Receive Payment and Sales Receipt forms.
There are many other times when a pop-up message window is displayed, these can also be annoying – many times at the bottom of the window there is an option to “not” display that specific window again; all you have to do is check that option box to make it go away.
8 Responses to QuickBooks Tip-Turning Off Pop-up Ads, Live Community & more
Leave a Reply
- The Great Debate – QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks Online
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- How To Turn On and Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable
- Welcome to the QuickBooks for contractors blog
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- QuickBooks Tip - Handling Retainage
- QuickBooks 2015 Announced - Important System Requirements
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%
- How to Calculate & Display Retainage on an AIA G-702/G-703
- Tips for Effectively Using QuickBooks Purchase Orders