Lesson 1-Getting Started; FREE QuickBooks for Contractors Training eBook
Well it’s Freebie Friday again here on the QuickBooks for Contractors blog. With the new year, we have a whole bunch of NEW ebook lined up to offer you. We hope you enjoy them and that you’ll take the time to leave us a brief comment as to what you think about them.
And now, with no further delay………….this week’s ebook is………..
Lesson 1 – Getting Started is intended for new QuickBooks users or users who feel that they would like a “refresher” course and will:
- Discuss why you need to keep books for your business.
- Discuss why you need to keep books from the IRS’s point of view.
- Using Forms and Registers to record transactions.
- Teach you how to navigate the program.
- Introduce and discuss the various “Lists” that QuickBooks has available and what their purpose is.
- Discuss how much “bookkeeping and accounting” knowledge you must have.
- Moving between QuickBooks Company data files.
- Exiting the program and backing up your data.
This eBook is an introduction on how to use QuickBooks in the commercial/government construction industry. Its main objective is to introduce you to the basic features in QuickBooks. You’ll learn about the types of information you need to track in your business, and you’ll see how to enter that information and track it in QuickBooks. By the time you complete the eBook, you’ll have a good idea of all that QuickBooks offers, you’ll be familiar with the most common tasks, and you’ll know where to find information about more advanced features.
We’re terribly sorry, but this eBook is no longer available. Please check our “companion site” Learn to use QuickBooks in your construction business for similar items.
Leave a Reply
- The Great Debate – QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks Online
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- How To Turn On and Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- Welcome to the QuickBooks for contractors blog
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%
- QuickBooks 2013 Upgrade Do's, Don'ts & Frequent Questions
- QuickBooks 2015 Announced - Important System Requirements
- QuickBooks 2012 - Frequently Asked Questions About Upgrading
- QuickBooks 2015- The Good, Bad and Ugly, Part 1