#Freebie Friday – A Few of My Favorite Things
This Friday I thought I would share a few of my own favorite “freebies” and a few paid tools with you. These are just a few of the things that I just don’t think I could live without on a daily basis while running my own business, some you may already know about – others you may not.
First, the freebies, not in any particular order:
- CutePDF Writer – turn ANY document into a .pdf. Download & install CutePDF Writer, it installs as a “printer”. From any program , yes even QuickBooks, choose CutePDF from the printer selection dropdown menu, and ta-da — your document is now a pdf file.
- Foxit Reader – a fast an inexpensive alternative to Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Google Docs – easily upload and share files – anytime, anywhere.
- ReviewBasics – exchange ideas and gather thoughts on creative, interactive, motion, and written content in a breeze. Upload your content and invite reviewers. Their feedback is reported back to you in real time.
- youSENDit – send large files to anyone.
- senduit – this tool caters to the basic need of short to medium term file storage and transfer. Upload a file (up to 100 mb) and you are given a link that goes directly to the file you’ve uploaded. Instead of emailing the large file, you email or IM the link to the file.
- Dropbox – allows you to sync your files online anc across your computers automatically. 2GB of online storage for free, with up to 100 GB available to paying customers.
- PRLog – is an online free press release distribution and release submission service.
- i-Newswire – another online free press release distribution and release submission service.
- Zoomerang – create customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, market research, educational, Twitter, or Facebook surveys. Limited to 12 questions and 100 responses.
- SurveyMonkey – another survey tool, this one is limited to 10 questions per survey with 100 responses.
- Jing – take a screenshot or make a short video of what you see on your screen.
- CamStudio – an open source screen recording software which creates industry standard AVI video files
- EverNote – remember EVERYTHING using your computer, the web or your phone.
- Ta-da List – make lists for yourself or share them with others.
- LastPass – password manager.
- NudgeMail – the easiest way to send your self reminders for anything, anytime, anywhere.
- WebsiteGrader – a free tool that grades the effectiveness of your website; allows you to compare your website to others.
- BlogGrader – a free tool that analyzes and grades your blog.
- Grader – a suite of tools that helps you measure and analyze your marketing efforts.
- SnagIt – take screenshoots and edit them with an impressive number of tools, for Windows or Mac.
- Camtasia Studio – screen recording and video editing software, save your videos in MP4, FLV, SWF, M4V, AVI, Silverlight, MOV, RM, Animated GIF, or MP3 formats.
- NetViewer Support Business Edition – With Netviewer Support, you’ll stay closer to your customers and provide rapid online help. Anytime, no matter where you are. Expand your action radius and improve your help desk’s productivity. Netviewer is part of Citrix Online.
- Netviewer Meet – combines BOTH online meetings/webinars with up to 100 participants AND one-on-one remote support for one low convenient price of $49.90 per month or if you sign up for 1 year it’s $39.90 per month. Netviewer is part of Citrix Online.
What are your favorite free or paid tools that you use in your business?
3 Responses to #Freebie Friday – A Few of My Favorite Things
Leave a Reply
- The Great Debate – QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks Online
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- How To Turn On and Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- Welcome to the QuickBooks for contractors blog
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%
- QuickBooks 2013 Upgrade Do's, Don'ts & Frequent Questions
- QuickBooks 2015 Announced - Important System Requirements
- QuickBooks 2012 - Frequently Asked Questions About Upgrading
- QuickBooks 2015- The Good, Bad and Ugly, Part 1