Freebie Friday – AIA Billing (G-702/G-703) Training Exercise
This week’s item is a fee-based AIA (G-702/G-703) Billing Training exercise.
Have you ever been asked to complete a G-702 and G-703 billing form and don’t know where to even start? If so, than this training exercise is just what the doctor ordered!
Most anyone will tell you that completing the AIA G-702 and G-703 forms by hand is frustrating and difficult. To fill out one correctly, you pretty much have to:
- forget about any basic accounting principals you’ve ever learned
- ignore change orders that have been submitted or approved, but not processed
- ignore money that is still outstanding from previously submitted applications for payment
You need to realize that the payment applications that you submit are an important piece of your overall cash flow management. When your payment applications get screwed up — bad things happen; none of which put you in “good standing” with the General Contractor or Project Owner, and can ultimately damage your company’s overall cash position.
The point is – you have NO choice except to learn how to fill out the AIA forms correctly!
This training file (zip file) is to be used in conjunction with the “What Is AIA Billing” page on our website, so you’ll want to go and print that page before you request the training exercise. Print What Is AIA Billing now, opens in a new window for your convenience.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To avoid confusion the instructions contained in this articles are instructions for MANUALLY completing an AIA Billing form and HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE USE OF OUR AIA BILLING SOFTWARE.
Purchase your copy of our AIA Training Exercise from the Learn to use QuickBooks in your construction business website for $25.00.
Have a great weekend everyone
P.S. If you’d like to automate your AIA Billing task AND you use QuickBooks; click the green “Free 30 day trial” button on the left menu. Take our Construction Application for Payment Solution (CAPS) program for a test drive — it sure the heck beats filling these out by hand!
Leave a Reply
- Business Apps Shouldn’t Be THAT Hard to Use – Free Webinar
- QuickBooks 2015- The Good, Bad and Ugly, Part 1
- “Overstating” the Importance of Cost Reporting-Free Webinar
- QuickBooks 2015 Announced – Important System Requirements
- How do Amazon Merchants Reconcile in QuickBooks? Webinar
- Happy 14th Birthday Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc.
- Simple Controls You Can Put Into Place to Discourage Fraud
- Business Susceptibility to Theft and White Collar Crime – Are You a Target?
- Warning Signs & Red Flags of Fraud – Are Your Employees Stealing From You?
- Is Managing QuickBooks Purchase Orders Driving You Insane?
- Free Webinar-Identify and Safeguard Against Business Fraud
- Technology is Changing How We Submit Certified Payroll Reports
- Ask Me Anything – 10 Common Questions about Certified Payroll
- Are Your QuickBooks Payroll & Certified Payroll Processes Efficient?
- QuickBooks Tip: How to find “Notes” after an Upgrade
- QuickBooks Timely Payroll Alerts, Updates & Issues for 2013 Payroll Tax Returns
- QuickBooks Tip: How to Calculate Over/Under Billings
- Happy Holiday’s to you!
- Employee Reimbursements-Accountable vs Non-Accountable Plans
- Sunburst’s Weekly Wrap-Up of Popular Posts 12/2 – 12/8/2013
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- QuickBooks 2013 Upgrade Do's, Don'ts & Frequent Questions
- QuickBooks 2012 - Frequently Asked Questions About Upgrading
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Advanced Progress Invoicing
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- New FHWA-1391 & 1392 Annual EEO Forms For Highway Contractors
- QuickBooks 2012 Announced
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- Frequently Asked Questions - California Prevailing Wage
- QuickBooks 2012 - Best Practices & Tips for Installing an Upgrade
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable