Choosing QuickBooks & Add-Ons for Your Construction Business
QuickBooks, while a great software program, is a “generic” accounting program. Even though there is a “Contractor version”, it was designed to meet the needs of all types of contractors – from the home handyman to a general contractor. Only through the use of QuickBooks integrated add-ons will you find that it then becomes a viable substitute for the more costly construction specific accounting programs available.
Welcome to Tuesday Training!
We’ll teach you the things you need to know about using QuickBooks, that you won’t find in the QuickBooks Help file, in order to successfully run your construction business and obtain accurate job costing reports; from eBooks, live webinars, and recorded training sessions.
You’ll find high-quality (budget friendly) training without having to leave the comfort of your home or office.
Choosing QuickBooks and QuickBooks Add-Ons for Your Construction Business
Whether you currently use QuickBooks or are thinking of using QuickBooks for your construction accounting package you need to be aware that QuickBooks, while a great software program, is a “generic” accounting program and will not do everything that you may need it to for your business by itself, unlike more expensive construction specific software.
If you are like most contractors, you probably do not think of yourself as a “computer hardware/software expert’. In fact, when faced with the thought of purchasing new computers and/or software to automate critical, time consuming tasks within your business, you end up feeling overwhelmed. Many contractors end up turning the project over to someone else. This unfortunately, is one of the major reasons that this type of project fails.
Get the complete article from our companion site – Learn to use QuickBooks in your construction business – to find how you can make your project succeed!
We hope that you’ve found today’s Tuesday Training article to be helpful to your business – if so please take a moment to leave a comment or share this with others on your favorite social media network using the buttons below.
4 Responses to Choosing QuickBooks & Add-Ons for Your Construction Business
Leave a Reply
- The Great Debate – QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks Online
- Business Apps Shouldn’t Be THAT Hard to Use – Free Webinar
- QuickBooks 2015- The Good, Bad and Ugly, Part 1
- “Overstating” the Importance of Cost Reporting-Free Webinar
- QuickBooks 2015 Announced – Important System Requirements
- How do Amazon Merchants Reconcile in QuickBooks? Webinar
- Happy 14th Birthday Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc.
- Simple Controls You Can Put Into Place to Discourage Fraud
- Business Susceptibility to Theft and White Collar Crime – Are You a Target?
- Warning Signs & Red Flags of Fraud – Are Your Employees Stealing From You?
- Is Managing QuickBooks Purchase Orders Driving You Insane?
- Free Webinar-Identify and Safeguard Against Business Fraud
- Technology is Changing How We Submit Certified Payroll Reports
- Ask Me Anything – 10 Common Questions about Certified Payroll
- Are Your QuickBooks Payroll & Certified Payroll Processes Efficient?
- QuickBooks Tip: How to find “Notes” after an Upgrade
- QuickBooks Timely Payroll Alerts, Updates & Issues for 2013 Payroll Tax Returns
- QuickBooks Tip: How to Calculate Over/Under Billings
- Happy Holiday’s to you!
- Employee Reimbursements-Accountable vs Non-Accountable Plans
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- QuickBooks 2013 Upgrade Do's, Don'ts & Frequent Questions
- QuickBooks 2012 - Frequently Asked Questions About Upgrading
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Advanced Progress Invoicing
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable
- New FHWA-1391 & 1392 Annual EEO Forms For Highway Contractors
- How To Turn On and Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks 2012 Announced
- Frequently Asked Questions - California Prevailing Wage