QuickBooks Timely Payroll Alerts, Updates & Issues for 2013 Payroll Tax Returns
So here we all are scrambling to get all of our payroll tax returns completed for year-ending 12/31/2013 (myself included) and I just receive this information via my ProAdvisor membership.
Form 940 for Year Ending 12/31/2013 – Schedule A Rounding Issues in QuickBooks 2011-2014
From the Intuit Payroll Support Knowledgebase
You received an error on your 2013 Form 940/Schedule A indicating you have a difference that is greater or less than $5 between the Total FUTA taxable wages for credit reduction states on Schedule A and the taxable FUTA wages on Form 940 page 1, line 7. This error could be due to the way the wages are rounded on Schedule A. You can correct this by verifying the totals and overriding the wages on Schedule A. For complete details – read the Payroll Support article.
Enhanced Payroll for Accountants Issue in QuickBooks 2014
For all of us using Enhanced Payroll for Accountants – this is probably the last thing that we need at the moment.
From the QuickBooks Support Article.
Accountants using Enhanced Payroll for Accountants are enabled to create, view and print Federal and State tax forms for clients subscribed to Basic and Standard payroll subscriptions. In QuickBooks 2014 you will encounter an error message informing you to upgrade the payroll subscription. This Support Article provides you with instructions on how to workaround this issue as well as how to subscribe to the topic if it is updated.
1099 & 1099-K Helpful Tips for QuickBooks 201-2014
With the changes that occurred in tax year 2011, the IRS requires you to exclude any payments you made by credit card, debit card, gift card, or third-party payment network such as PayPal from Form 1099-MISC. (These payments are being reported by the card issuers and third-party payment networks on Form 1099-K.) All of these changes are enough to make our heads spin – so I was glad to see this article on the Intuit site.
Hope everyone has a great weekend and TGIF!
- The Great Debate – QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks Online
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- How To Turn On and Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- Welcome to the QuickBooks for contractors blog
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%
- QuickBooks 2013 Upgrade Do's, Don'ts & Frequent Questions
- QuickBooks 2012 - Frequently Asked Questions About Upgrading
- QuickBooks 2015- The Good, Bad and Ugly, Part 1
- QuickBooks 2015 Announced - Important System Requirements