QuickBooks 2013 – What’s New?
Articles and discussions of new features and/or functionality available in QuickBooks 2013 versions of Pro, Premier and Enterprise. A new feature or functionality initially introduced in QuickBooks 2013 is also available in the next release or version of the program, so the information you find here will also be relative to newer versions.
I’m a big fan of QuickBooks Group Items, I think that they are a HUGE productivity booster – but I’ve always had one gripe – they could only hold 20 items in previous versions of QuickBooks – which meant that you had to create more group items in order to accomplish what you set out to do. This has changed with the release of QuickBooks 2013. With the increased number of items that a group can hold, these item types will be even more powerful.
I often see users on the Intuit QuickBooks User forums asking how they can “memorize” an Estimate to use over and over again – why not create a group item that contains everything that you need to build your estimate?
NOTE: This increase will continue into future versions of QuickBooks from this point forward.Continue reading
Big changes to the employee record, including convenient left navigation and the ability to actually see more items in the payroll info section - which means less mouse clicks and scrolling for you!
However, these changes also mean that you need to size QuickBooks differently on your monitor in order to be able to see everything. We'll show you side-by-side comparisons of each section of the employee record.
What do you think of these changes?Continue reading
Should I/Do I NEED to upgrade to QuickBooks 2013? When should I purchase QuickBooks 2013? Will the 3rd party add-ons that I use be compatible with QuickBooks 2013? Will QuickBooks 2013 run on my current computer - OR - will I need to buy a new one?
We'll answer questions like these and more!Continue reading
QuickBooks 2013 has an entirely new look and I have to admit there are many things about the product redesign that I really like, however, the biggest issue that I have with the redesign is the fact that Intuit has removed the ability to change the color scheme of the software.
Where oh where can my QuickBooks colors be, Intuit took them away from me…….ya, I know that sounds like a really bad rendition of an old song - but color is an important part of our daily lives and is said to influence our mood. What do you think of the new grey-on-grey look of the QuickBooks top icon bar?
Apparently Intuit is hearing all of the negative feedback on the lack of color and are proposing a change - if you would like to see what they are proposing (and I think it's pretty lame) take this survey at https://survey.intuit.com/survey/survey_page.cfmContinue reading
Intuit has just announced the release of QuickBooks 2013 (today – 9/10/2012)
Are you curious as to what the new version looks like? Here's a sneak peak!Continue reading
- The Great Debate – QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks Online
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- How To Turn On and Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- Welcome to the QuickBooks for contractors blog
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%
- QuickBooks 2013 Upgrade Do's, Don'ts & Frequent Questions
- QuickBooks 2012 - Frequently Asked Questions About Upgrading
- QuickBooks 2015- The Good, Bad and Ugly, Part 1
- QuickBooks 2015 Announced - Important System Requirements