Who we are:
This website https://blog.sunburstsoftwaresolutions.com is owned and operated by Ben & Nancy Smyth of Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc. (https://www.sunburstsoftwaresolutions.com) of West Charleston, VT 05872.
What personal data we collect, why we collect it, and how we use it:
- Information you voluntarily submit to the website. We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the website by requesting a trial, placing an order, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form. In addition, we may ask you to create a user profile, which would allow you to create a username and password. We will store your name, the username that you create, but your password is not visible in our records.
- Information we collect from others. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software such as Authorize.net (when you purchase software), they will transfer information to us which we will use for order fulfillment.
- Automatically collected information. We automatically collect certain information about you and the device you use to access this website. For example, when you visit this website, we will log your IP address, operating system, browser used, referring website, the pages you viewed, and the date/time that you visited. We may also collect information about the actions you take when using the website, such as the links you clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored in your browser by the website. We use both session cookies (which expire when you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay in your browser until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal experience on the website.
How your information may be used:
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
To operate and maintain the website:
- To create your user account, identify you as a user of the website, and customize the website for your account.
- To send you promotional information, such as a newsletter (send via MailChimp). Each email promotion will provide you with information on how to opt-out (stop receiving) future mailings.
- To send you administrative communications, such as software update notifications emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts.
- To respond to your comments or inquiries.
- To provide you with user support.
- To track and measure advertising on the website.
- To process payment for purchases you make through the website via Authorize.Net.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Third-party use of personal information:
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the website may use third party service provider services for various aspects of this website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their own privacy policies. This website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Analytics reporting via Google Analytics – https://www.google.com/analytics/ this service tracks website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on this website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured.
- Payment Processing via Authorize.net – https://www.authorize.net/ this service is used to serve our ecommerce platform. At no time is your banking or credit card information passed onto this website. We receive only the information used for order fulfillment.
- Newsletter via Feedburner by Google – this service is used for the delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications. You may opt out (unsubscribe/request to stop receiving) our newsletter at any time.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list can/will be amended from time to time at the owner’s discretion.
Except, when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your name, email address, or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through this website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
Occasionally we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you specifically, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of anonymous data may include analytics or information from cookies.
Publicly visible information
If you create a user profile on the website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
Users may, at any time, prevent the settings of cookies, by the website, by using a setting in your browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via a browser or other software program. This option is available in all popular browsers. However, if uses deactivate the setting of cookies, not all functions of our website may be entirely usable.
- Display Ads – we may use third party advertising companies to serve content and advertisement to you when you visit the website, which may contain cookies. No personally identifiable information is shared with the ad providers.
- Affiliate Program Participation – the website may engage in affiliate marketing (which is clearly identified), which is done by embedding tracking links or codes into the website. If you click on a link for an affiliate ad, a cookie will be placed in your browser to track any sales for the purpose of receiving commissions.
Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc. participates in the following Affiliate Programs – Inuit Premier Reseller (IRP), Authorized QuickBooks Affiliate, and T-Sheets programs. Each of these affiliate advertising programs are designed to provide a means for us to earn advertising fees/commissions by displaying advertisements and links to selected companies – while you receive a discount on purchases. As part of these affiliate programs, the website will post or display customized links provided by Intuit and T-Sheets, to track the referrals to their website. These programs utilize cookies to track visits for the purpose of assigning commissions on sales.
- Newsletters – when you purchase our software you are automatically subscribed to our newsletter via MailChimp, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking information. This information is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of the tracking information, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click on. This also allows the website to adapt the content of future newsletters to meet the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Your rights related to your personal information
- Opt Out – you may at any time, opt out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at AskUs@sunburstsoftwaresolutions.com to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access – you may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to AskUs@sunburstsoftwaresolutions.com
- Amend/Update – you may contact AskUs@sunburstsoftwaresolutions.com to amend or update your personal information
- Forget – in certain situation, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to AskUs@sunburstsoftwaresolutions.com
- Please note – we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Sensitive Personal Information
This website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian believes that the website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 18 in its database, please contact us immediately at AskUs@sunburstsoftwaresolutions.com and we will promptly remove such information from our records.
- The Great Debate – QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks Online
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- How To Turn On and Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- Welcome to the QuickBooks for contractors blog
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- QuickBooks 2015 Announced - Important System Requirements
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%
- QuickBooks Tip - Handling Retainage
- QuickBooks 2013 Upgrade Do's, Don'ts & Frequent Questions
- How to Calculate & Display Retainage on an AIA G-702/G-703