Most Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors (CQA), Intuit Solutions Providers (ISP), Enterprise Solutions Providers (ESP), Certified Public Accountants (CPA), what-have-you’s are really decent people—but the ones that drive me crazy are the ones that “play games”.
What do I mean by playing games? Good question, let me explain!
On our main website I’m pretty clear (ok BLUNT) about “How Sunburst Works with ProAdvisors, CPA’s, etc.“; as a matter of fact sometimes I feel I’ve been pretty harsh and really need to tone it down a bit. Well every time I get to feeling like this, something like this happens:
Ben, Linda, or I get an email or a phone call from one of these folks asking for a commission or referral fee for recommending our software. We go through the “sorry, we don’t do that, instead, if you know your stuff, we’ll refer clients to you—-far more profitable situation for you, don’t you think? Well off they go, and don’t you know, the next thing that happens is Ben, Linda, or I get either a call or an email from that EXACT same person, asking the EXACT same thing!
I’m sorry, but just because you are talking to a different person—do you expect a different answer?
And let’s face it, would you rather have a 2% commission on a $375.00 or $195.00 piece of software–or profitable consulting engagement with a possible full time client that generates on-going revenue?
And while we are on the subject or wanting commissions/referral fees….how would you feel if I called you up and said, look I have this client that I’m willing to recommend to you—but ONLY IF you are willing to send me 2% of your total fees that stem from this client?
Sounds a little bit like blackmail and bribery to me…….
Are you recommending 3rd party add-ons because they are the RIGHT choice for the client OR because you are getting a 2% commission?
2 Responses to Playing games….
Leave a Reply
- The Great Debate – QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks Online
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- How To Turn On and Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- Welcome to the QuickBooks for contractors blog
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- QuickBooks 2015 Announced - Important System Requirements
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%
- QuickBooks Tip - Handling Retainage
- QuickBooks 2013 Upgrade Do's, Don'ts & Frequent Questions
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Advanced Progress Invoicing