Synching data on two computers
I seem to constantly be working on two computers. I usually work on my laptop in the wee hours of the morning at the comfort of my dining room table and then I come to the office to really start my day and work on the “big computer”.
The problem always had been on how to keep the two computers synched, not an easy task. I was driving myself nuts using Window’s “briefcase”, but the folders that I store my most often used “stuff” were so big that “briefcase” didn’t always do the trick.
Low and behold, one day I’m reading the latest issue of PCWorld and there is a full page ad for a program called GoodSync (http://www.goodsync.com/).
According to the article, GoodSync was specifically designed to keep 2 or more computers synched automatically, eliminating ME.
So I downloaded the free trial – yes I like FREE TRIALS as well as you, linked the computers (choosing which computer had the “master folder” and which computer was the secondary one) and pretty much told it to “compare the folders” every time that both computers were up and running and to update which ever one had out of date files on it.
Works like a charm, even when both computers have new files that the other does not have.
I liked it so much that I spent the $29.95 for the paid version and will be synched happily ever after!
2 Responses to Synching data on two computers
Leave a Reply
- The Great Debate – QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks Online
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- How To Turn On and Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- Welcome to the QuickBooks for contractors blog
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%
- QuickBooks 2013 Upgrade Do's, Don'ts & Frequent Questions
- QuickBooks 2015 Announced - Important System Requirements
- QuickBooks 2012 - Frequently Asked Questions About Upgrading
- QuickBooks 2015- The Good, Bad and Ugly, Part 1