Having QuickBooks “hosted” is far different than using the QuickBooks On-line edition.
The QuickBooks Online version does not have the same features and functionality as the Desktop version of QuickBooks – while having QuickBooks “hosted” by a reliable service provider allows you the best of both worlds – anytime, anywhere access to your fully functional QuickBook Pro, Premier or Enterprise desktop software!
In an article written by Joanie Mann of InSynq, Joanie shares feedback received directly from their hosting customers; as to why businesses have opted to access their QuickBooks and other applications via a hosted solution instead of handling it in-house.
Here are the leading reasons why businesses opt for a hosted solution with InSynq:
- Ability to connect anytime, anywhere, with my applications and data (48.1%)
- Ability to collaborate with team members and/or clients (21.6%)
- Ability to focus on my business and not on my technology (10.8%)
- Benefit of knowing my data is secure (3.6%)
- Benefit of 24×7 technical support (2.4%)
- Benefit of predictability in IT cost (1.2%)
As you can see, businesses of all types really value the idea of anytime, anywhere access for their QuickBooks and other critical business software.
Based on our support services and consulting work with small businesses using QuickBooks, we would have thought the “ability to focus on my business and not on my technology” would have scored higher in the survey. We see small businesses struggling on a regular basis with the technology piece of this (i.e. servers, networking, desktops, etc.). In fact, I’ve been in several businesses that were ready to toss their servers out the window.
If you find your business becoming more mobile and need “always on” access to QuickBooks, the use of a hosting service should be considered as a critical addition to your playbook.
Some important things to take into consideration:
- If you use other QuickBooks 3rd party applications – these applications must also be installed by the hosting service.
- If the 3rd party application uses other software programs – in addition to working with QuickBooks; such as Microsoft Word & Excel – they too must be installed by the hosting service.
Our Certified Payroll Solution software is and has been hosted successfully by InsynQ as well as a software partner – click here for a list of other 3rd party applications being hosted by InSynq – https://www2.cpaasp.com/software.php?sid=126
Please let us know your thoughts about having QuickBooks hosted in the comment section below.