Tool for Creating a WordPress or Joomla Site on Your Computer
Thinking of developing a WordPress blog or a Joomla website? Microsoft offers a free web development tool, called WebMatrix, which includes EVERYTHING you need for website development – all installed locally on your computer so you can learn how to use WordPress or Joomla before actually making your site live with a website hosting provider.
I discovered WebMatrix a few weeks ago when I wanted to test some new WordPress plugins for this blog and I also needed to take a look at Joomla 1.6 in preparation for upgrading our website later this year. Previously I had used another tool and was having issues installing it on my Windows 7 laptop; I can’t tell you how thrilled I am to have found WebMatrix – it’s so much easier to use than the previous tool!
To begin the download and installation process for WebMatrix, go to https://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/, click on the green Install WebMatrix button on the upper right.
NOTE: If you can’t download WebMatrix, download the Microsoft Web Platform Installer 3.0 first from https://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx
Download complete instructions by clicking here.
Leave a Reply
- The Great Debate – QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks Online
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- How To Turn On and Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable
- Welcome to the QuickBooks for contractors blog
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- QuickBooks Tip - Handling Retainage
- QuickBooks 2015 Announced - Important System Requirements
- How to Calculate & Display Retainage on an AIA G-702/G-703
- Tips for Effectively Using QuickBooks Purchase Orders
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%