Unraveling Certified Payroll Requirements On Federal Construction Projects webinar presented for L2 Federal Resources, LLC
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 • 1:00 – 2:30 PM EDT
Presented by: Nancy Smyth, Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc.
Making the move from residential/commercial construction projects to government-funded construction projects, which have certified payroll reporting requirements, can be overwhelming for most contractors, their office staff, and the accounting professionals who support them. This often misunderstood requirement can lead to major problems, including non-approval of payment requisitions, denial of payment for change orders and claims, and contract termination. Don’t get caught in a payroll certification trap; learn the ins and outs of federal certification payroll requirements and get all your questions answered.
Our live, instructor-led, on-line training class focuses on the following:
- What government agencies make the laws behind certified payroll reporting requirements?
- How to comply with Labor Standards & Payroll Reporting requirements
- How to complete a Certified Payroll Report & Statement of Compliance
- Common methods for creating Certified Payroll Reports, Statements of Compliance, EEOC, ARRA and Fringe Benefit Reports
- State prevailing wage vs. Davis-Bacon forms and which form applies
- Electronic certified payroll filing requirements
- Ways contractors pay fringe benefits and how to report them
- Tracking employee time and work classifications
- Requesting additional “trade/work classifications” and wage rates
- Typical errors that require correction
- Don’t forget to include your subcontractors
- What happens when things go wrong
- Automating these time-consuming, error-prone tasks
- And much, much more!
In addition, a 10-to-15 minute period has been reserved at the end of the speaker’s presentation for an interactive question-and-answer session so you can discuss specific issues or gain additional knowledge about topics discussed.
Who Will Benefit?
Contractors who are currently (or are interested in) contracting with the federal government, and who want to better understand and improve their certified payroll processes. Certified payroll is everyone’s business; gather your whole team, including:
- Payroll processors
- Office managers
- Business development experts
- Accounting & Consulting professionals
- Union and non-Union Contractors
Register ONLINE, at the L2 Federal Resources, LLC registration page.