Bookkeeping/Accounting Tasks and Employee New Hire Packet
Keeping track of bookkeeping/accounting tasks and the information that is required when you hire a new employee can be pretty overwhelming for a business owner or bookkeeper. In the normal rush of day-to-day activities; sometimes important items can get overlooked and come back to bite you later.
Welcome to Tuesday Training!
We’ll teach you the things you need to know about using QuickBooks, that you won’t find in the QuickBooks Help file, in order to successfully run your construction business and obtain accurate job costing reports; from eBooks, live webinars, and recorded training sessions.
You’ll find high-quality (budget friendly) training without having to leave the comfort of your home or office.
Bookkeeping & Accounting Tasks
We’ve compiled a list of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual bookkeeping and accounting tasks to help you stay on track – this is also a handy checklist to provide to a new bookkeeper.
This list is geared for contractors and include items such as certified payroll reports, AIA billing draws, Worker’s Comp, and General Liability Insurance tracking reminders.
Excel format, so you can easily add other items and customize it to meet the needs of your business.
We hope that you’ve found today’s Tuesday Training items to be helpful to your business – if so please take a moment to leave a comment or share this with others on your favorite social media network using the buttons below
Download your free copy of our Bookkeeping and Accounting Tasks checklist here.
Employee New Hire Packet
What should a “New Hire Packet” contain? Federal W-4, State W-4, and Form I-9 at a minimum – but that really isn’t enough information to keep on file. You, as well as your bookkeeper needs to have more information about a new employee than what is available on these forms. Utilize our New Hire Checklist” to provide your bookkeeper with additional information about the employee.
Word format, so you can easily add additional information and customize it to suit the needs of your business.
Download your free copy of our Employee New Hire Packet by clicking here.
We hope that you’ve found today’s Tuesday Training items to be helpful to your business – if so please take a moment to leave a comment or share this with others on your favorite social media network using the buttons below.
4 Responses to Bookkeeping/Accounting Tasks and Employee New Hire Packet
Leave a Reply
- The Great Debate – QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks Online
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- How To Turn On and Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable
- Welcome to the QuickBooks for contractors blog
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- QuickBooks 2015 Announced - Important System Requirements
- QuickBooks Tip - Handling Retainage
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%
- How to Calculate & Display Retainage on an AIA G-702/G-703
- Tips for Effectively Using QuickBooks Purchase Orders