Merging Two Offices – Each Needing Access to QuickBooks
Merging two offices, in different locations, can be difficult – especially if each office is needing access to QuickBooks in order to enter transactions on a daily basis. A reader submitted these questions.
What is the best way to have QuickBooks 2012 running at 2 different locations and having all staff able to use it regardless of location? How many versions of QuickBooks 2012 would we need to have for 2 locations? We have roughly 7 employees. Thanks, Jane.
I would recommend that you look into having your QuickBooks data file hosted by a reputable QuickBooks Hosting Provider.
The Intuit Hosting Program allows end-users to have their licensed copies of QuickBooks desktop software installed on servers in an authorized remote hosting facility, and then access that software over the Internet on a virtual desktop via a secure connection and a web browser. Intuit has created a special program to authorize certain Commercial hosting companies, Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors, and Intuit Solution Providers to deliver authorized remote hosting services (often called application service provider or “ASP” services) to their respective customers who have purchased valid QuickBooks licenses for each product and user.
To become an Intuit-Authorized Hosting company, firms must undergo an application process as well as an independent third-party accreditation, and then, if invited to participate, enter into a licensing and distribution agreement with Intuit. There are set up fees, an accreditation fee and ongoing program participation fees, which entitle the participant to host QuickBooks for its customers and also to receive an “Intuit Authorized Hosting” mark for use on its website and in approved collateral materials. Additionally, participants can take advantage of special volume license purchasing discounts and a QuickBooks software license subscription program.
One of the hosting companies that I usually recommend – InSync/CPAASP – has developed a great blog called “Running QuickBooks in the Cloud“, that will provide you with a lot of very valuable information about such a set up and how it would work for your business.
I do caution you to be very careful, there are a lot of companies that say they host QuickBooks, however, not all of them are Intuit-Authorized Commercial Hosting Companies. Be sure that you look for the Intuit Authorized Commercial Host Logo if you do a Google search and visit some of the websites that show up in the results.
The last that I knew, the only Intuit-Authorized Commercial Hosts are:
- Right Networks. Telephone: (888) 417 4448
- InsynQ, Inc. Telephone: (866) 206 1781
- Uni-Data & Communications, Inc. Telephone: (718) 445-5600 x3180
- Xcentric Telephone: (678) 297-0190
- Cloud9 Real Time Telephone: (888) 869-0076
- Coaxis International, Inc. Telephone: (850) 391-1022
- myownasp. Telephone: (800) 521-7322
- NovelAspect.com. Telephone: (888) 228-0143
- Swizznet. Telephone: (888) 794-9948
- Qutera. Telephone: (800) 969-9524
- Real Time Data Services. Telephone: (888) 408-6044
- nGenx. Telephone: (888)-696-4369 x4
- Harborcloud. Telephone: (877)-294-2909
- Proxios. Telephone: (804)-342-1200
- WY Technology. Telephone: (858)-748-1600, ext 333
- Infinity Virtual. Telephone: (866) 257-8455
Leave a Reply
- The Great Debate – QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks Online
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- How To Turn On and Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- Welcome to the QuickBooks for contractors blog
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%
- QuickBooks 2015 Announced - Important System Requirements
- QuickBooks Tip - Handling Retainage
- QuickBooks 2013 Upgrade Do's, Don'ts & Frequent Questions
- QuickBooks 2012 - Frequently Asked Questions About Upgrading