QuickBooks Payroll Important System Maintenance Announcement
An important QuickBooks Payroll System Maintenance Announcement – a system-wide upgrade will start at 6 p.m. on Thursday 5/24/2012 and continue through 5 a.m. on Tuesday 5/29/2012 – Direct Deposit will also be effected and don’t forget that this is also the Memorial Day holiday weekend!
The Intuit Small Business Division, including QuickBooks and QuickBooks Payroll product lines, will be performing a system-wide upgrade starting on Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 6pm PT and ending on Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 5am PT. Our goal with this upgrade is to provide you and your clients with a complete view into all of the Intuit products and services you use and improve your overall support experience by getting you to the right team Customer Care team member quickly.
As a result of this upgrade, some of the services you receive today on the Intuit.com websites, as well as within your QuickBooks and/or QuickBooks Payroll products will be temporarily unavailable at various times throughout the weekend.
|Description||Unavailable from May 25 8pm – May 26 2am||Unavailable from May 24 6pm – May 29 5am||Unavailable from May 25 6pm – May 29 6am||Available all weekend|
|Creating direct deposit paychecks||
|Processing payrolls that do NOT include direct deposit checks||
|Electronic filing and electronic payments (efile and epay)||
|Activation of products already purchased, Upgrade to different service level||
|Access to account information from within your QuickBooks product||
|Online purchases at Intuit.com, QuickBooks.com, Payroll.com||
|Self help support at Payroll.com||
|Payroll phone support*||
*Payroll phone support is available during normal operating hours: 6am-6pm PT, Monday through Friday. Payroll phone support is not available on weekends or bank holidays, including Memorial Day.
What does this mean to me?
- If you or your clients need to create direct deposit paychecks: QuickBooks Payroll will not process direct deposit checks dated for Monday, May 28, 2012 due to the Memorial Day holiday. In order for your employees to receive their paychecks before Monday, May 28, you should change your paycheck date to Friday, May 25 and send your payroll by 5pm PT on Wednesday, May 23. For more options and a detailed direct deposit schedule, click here.
- If you need to access your account information from within QuickBooks, we encourage you to do so prior to May 24 or after May 29. You can access account information in QuickBooks by selecting Employees, then selecting My Payroll Service, then Account/Billing Information.
Things to do before May 24th:
- Download the latest tax table: version 21210. Go to Employees and then select Get Payroll Updates. If you are not using tax table version 21210, click on the Update button and follow the download instructions.
- Print and share this email. Please share this information with anyone else who has access to your QuickBooks or QuickBooks Payroll products. You can also visit our maintenance website here for more information.
We appreciate your patience as we upgrade and improve our systems. If you have any questions about this upgrade or would like to contact our Customer Care team, please visit our website for the latest information.
Leave a Reply
- The Great Debate – QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks Online
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- How To Turn On and Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable
- Welcome to the QuickBooks for contractors blog
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- QuickBooks Tip - Handling Retainage
- QuickBooks 2015 Announced - Important System Requirements
- How to Calculate & Display Retainage on an AIA G-702/G-703
- Tips for Effectively Using QuickBooks Purchase Orders
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%