“Stuff” that drives me insane
Everybody has “stuff” that drives them insane, these are mine.
Anyone can say they are a QuickBooks expert and according to Google, at least 83,000+ people are making that claim! How valid that claim is, however, is another question! Most of these self proclaimed experts sure have a lot to say, but when it comes right down to it and you evaluate what they have actually said (or written) you find that they really haven't provided you with anything concrete to take away.
Remember the old saying "Jack of all trades - master of none"?Continue reading
Do you have a hard time with people who wear too much perfume or aftershave? You know, the people who you swear just opened the bottle and poured it over their head, rather than having taken a shower in the morning - the ones that walk by you and leave a trail of overwhelming SMELL behind them? Whether this happens in your work environment or when you are in the grocery store or out having dinner at your favorite restaurant - this can certainly be annoying.
People with fragrance sensitivities, often referred to as “multiple chemical sensitivities” when they are severe, are not just bothered or annoyed by fragrances. Rather, they have a physical reaction to certain chemical compounds in fragrances that may be contained in a myriad of products, including lotions, shampoos, perfumes, aftershave, deodorants, cleaning products, pesticides, air fresheners, and even floorings and wall coverings. Symptoms can include headaches, nausea, runny nose, itchy eyes, and skin rashes, and in more serious cases, breathing difficulties, poor memory and concentration, muscle and joint pain, and sleeping problems.Continue reading
There is a lot to learn about using QuickBooks and there is a LOT to learn about bookkeeping! Sure there are a lot of websites (including this one) where you learn how to do very specific tasks in QuickBooks and tons of YouTube videos - but tracking down the various pieces of the learning QuickBooks puzzle is horribly time-consuming and overwhelming; and the information that is found may not entirely meet the requirements of your company.
When you hire an inexperienced person and thrust them into full-fledged bookkeeping position; it’s very likely that you will end up with nothing but a huge mess on your hands and will need to have your books cleaned up by a professional.Continue reading
QuickBooks 2013 has an entirely new look and I have to admit there are many things about the product redesign that I really like, however, the biggest issue that I have with the redesign is the fact that Intuit has removed the ability to change the color scheme of the software.
Where oh where can my QuickBooks colors be, Intuit took them away from me…….ya, I know that sounds like a really bad rendition of an old song - but color is an important part of our daily lives and is said to influence our mood. What do you think of the new grey-on-grey look of the QuickBooks top icon bar?
Apparently Intuit is hearing all of the negative feedback on the lack of color and are proposing a change - if you would like to see what they are proposing (and I think it's pretty lame) take this survey at https://survey.intuit.com/survey/survey_page.cfmContinue reading
Well, I’ve finally found some quite time to go take my ProAdvisor Certification “test” – I’ve been a certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor since 2000, when the program first was established by Intuit.
I’ve taken this test 8 years in a row… Continue reading
- The Great Debate – QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks Online
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- How To Turn On and Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- Welcome to the QuickBooks for contractors blog
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%
- QuickBooks 2013 Upgrade Do's, Don'ts & Frequent Questions
- QuickBooks 2015 Announced - Important System Requirements
- QuickBooks 2012 - Frequently Asked Questions About Upgrading
- QuickBooks 2015- The Good, Bad and Ugly, Part 1