Hello and Welcome to the QuickBooks for Contractors blog by Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc.
I wanted to write a blog for our business, but because developing and supporting software for contractors using QuickBooks in the commercial/government construction arena isn’t always what I’d call “fun”; I decided to make our blog theme rather whimsical and amusing. Hence our not quite what you would expect blog theme!
We’ll use this blog to post tidbits that are difficult to fit into our main website – from news from the construction industry to bookkeeping tips and cool software tools, and we’ll try to keep them organized in “Categories”, while allowing visitors to make comments and interact with one another.
Right now our categories include:
- “Stuff” No One Ever Told Me About – being a business owner presents many challenges, these are just some of them.
- “Stuff” That Drives Me INSANE – everybody has “stuff” that drives them INSANE, these are mine.
- Bookkeeping Tips – bookkeeping tips for one and all.
- Construction News – news headlines about the construction industry.
- Cool “Stuff” – Ok, so I admit it, I LOVE software…here are some very cool software tools.
- QuickBooks Corner – QuickBooks Tips, Tricks, Errors, other other QuickBooks related news that doesn’t seem to fit anywhere on our main site.
- The “Sunburst” Website – discuss “What’s New” on the Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc. website.
- American Recovery & Reinvestment Act – components of the ARRA and how they affect contractors.
- New Technology – Windows 7, new versions of QuickBooks, our software and other software programs that we use in our own business.
Poke around and enjoy…..feel free to leave a comment if you’d like; all comments will be reviewed and approved before they are published and I do reserve the right to delete spam and just out right garbage.
This blog is NOT intended to be used as a support mechanism for our software!
- The Great Debate – QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks Online
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- How To Turn On and Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable
- Welcome to the QuickBooks for contractors blog
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- QuickBooks Tip - Handling Retainage
- QuickBooks 2015 Announced - Important System Requirements
- How to Calculate & Display Retainage on an AIA G-702/G-703
- Tips for Effectively Using QuickBooks Purchase Orders
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%