QuickBooks 2014 – Changes/Improvements to the Payroll Center
In QuickBooks 2014 the Payroll Center underwent a complete overhaul – which was badly needed in my opinion – and the outcome is both well-designed and useful, at least in my opinion.
For years, we’ve lived with a cramped Payroll Center, that was so full of “stuff” that it was often difficult for users to figure out what the heck they were supposed to do in it or how in the heck they were supposed to even use it.
In QuickBooks 2014, the Payroll Center has gone from cramped to organized and useful!
It’s new “tabbed” design splits out payroll tasks, such as Pay Employees, Pay Liabilities, and File Forms makes it neat, efficient and organized. Hopefully, this will help everyone to better understand what needs to be done and where you should go to do it.
Screenshots and words make the improvements difficult to explain, so I’ve put together a short YouTube video that actually shows you what’s changed and why I think the changes are great. Why don’t you watch the video and let me know what you think!
Hope you have a great day!
One Response to QuickBooks 2014 – Changes/Improvements to the Payroll Center
Leave a Reply
- The Great Debate – QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks Online
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- How To Turn On and Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- Welcome to the QuickBooks for contractors blog
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable
- QuickBooks 2013 Upgrade Do's, Don'ts & Frequent Questions
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- QuickBooks 2012 - Frequently Asked Questions About Upgrading
- QuickBooks 2015- The Good, Bad and Ugly, Part 1
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Advanced Progress Invoicing