Webinars & Training
QuickBooks webinars and training are an easy and affordable way to learn advanced tips and techniques to help you get the most out of your accounting software.
If you have a business that estimates between 3 and 5 projects per week, making a few small changes can generate between 5 and 10 thousand extra dollars per year. This secret can also pre-qualify tire kickers and increase the closing rate on the jobs you bid.
Here's the secret: Begin charging for estimates!
Not possible you say? Let's take a closer look:Continue reading
Reporting fringe benefits paid in cash on the Federal WH-347 Certified Payroll Report has specific requirements which the built-in QuickBooks report cannot handle. Here is a question from a reader who is using the certified payroll report provided in the QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll subscription asking how cash fringes should be reported because her reports are being rejected because they aren't reporting the cash payment correctly.
This article will explain how any cash paid in lieu of fringe benefits on prevailing wage projects is supposed to be reported on the WH-347 form and why the built-in QuickBooks certified payroll report isn't handling it correctly.Continue reading
The Sleeter Group, established in 1994, is best known for their national reputation of being the highest-quality provider of technical reference materials, software expertise and QuickBooks training materials for accounting solutions consultants. This year they are doing something a little different and are their show on the road with a Small Business Technology Road Show, with just a slight twist - accounting professionals can bring their clients for free!
As a member of the Sleeter Consultant Network, I've attended their Annual Conference many times in the last 9 years and it has always been a learning experience.Continue reading
Weekly wrap-up of news and information from around the web – there’s so much information out there that it’s difficult (at best) to keep up! I’ve added a WordPress plug-in that grabs information from my Twitter stream to help me (and hopefully you as well) keep up with everything. Look for the Weekly Wrap-Up: News You Can Use every Friday. I'll try to be consistent and organize the information into the same categories each week.
See what caught my attention this week in these topics: Accounting & Taxes, eBooks/Webinars/Videos, Payroll/Certified Payroll/Prevailing Wage, QuickBooks, Small Business/Organization/Productivity, Construction, and Social Media/Marketing/Website Design.Continue reading
Worker’s Comp and payroll taxes take a huge bite out of a contractors profit when working on Public Works construction projects – especially if the contractor is paying the full fringe benefit rate of the prevailing wage to the employee in cash and not to the Union Hall or into bona-fide plans.
Public Works Construction and Prevailing Wage projects require advanced financial planning methods and tools along with an understanding of the ever-changing compliance requirements — so that you can reduce your overhead and get paid on time.Continue reading
- The Great Debate – QuickBooks Desktop vs. QuickBooks Online
- Using Account Numbers in Your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts
- QuickBooks Creating a More Meaningful Payroll Expenses Section
- QuickBooks Tip - Child Support Garnishments
- Calculating & Displaying Fringe Benefits on a Certified Payroll Report
- How To Turn On and Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks
- Create a QuickBooks Job Cost Report With Hours & Payroll Costs
- QuickBooks Payroll Tip - Tracking Employee Advances or Loans
- QuickBooks for Contractors Tip – Basics of Progress Invoicing
- QuickBooks Tip - Job Costing Starts With A Simple Item
- QuickBooks Tip-Creating a Functional Payroll Liabilities Section
- QuickBooks Tip: Important Facts About Items Left as Billable
- Welcome to the QuickBooks for contractors blog
- QuickBooks Tip-Handling Employee Reimbursements for Expenses
- QuickBooks Tip - Determing Cost of Goods Sold
- QuickBooks Tip - Handling Retainage
- How to Calculate & Display Retainage on an AIA G-702/G-703
- QuickBooks 2015 Announced - Important System Requirements
- Tips for Effectively Using QuickBooks Purchase Orders
- Straight from the IRS - Social Security Tax Reduced to 4.2%